Monday, May 30, 2011

A Great Weekend

Today is Memorial Day and what a beautiful-and finally warm-day it is! I always try to keep in mind all the soldiers who have served our country over the years in the name of freedom-we enjoy so many liberties and the least I can do is to honor them in memory-today and everyday.

Well, this weekend so far has just flown by! Sean and I kicked off the weekend by having a date night (and let me add, FINALLY!)-we went to the movies to see the Hangover 2. I enjoyed it and found it funny even though it's EXACTLY like the first one. On Saturday I took Matthew to his favorite store, which is called the Blue Chair, to play with his friends Rowan and Kayden. But Saturday night was MY night-I went to see one of my favorite artists of all time-PRINCE!!!

I have to elaborate here for a minute. I went to see PRINCE...!!!! He was everything I'd hope he'd be. I'm talking about walking out in a sparkly jacket, wearing his high heels and "guy-liner,"and putting on a show that was just incredible! I have to say that he is one of the first artists I really remember listening to as a child. I tried out for my dance team to his music-and even our wedding entrance song was to "Let's Go Crazy." What I loved about his concert is that he pleased the crowd and didn't skip over his hits (lots of artists seem to get sick of their biggest hits and don't play them or wait until the very end). He started out with a medley of hits-starting with "When Doves Cry." I have to say, at 52 years old he looks pretty darn good and still dances so well-his voice is still strong, too. I've been to many concerts but this will go down as one of my favorites. :)

The rest of the weekend has been more relaxing-we got to spend time with family and today we decided just to take it easy and go to Heritage Park in La Verne. And now everyone is napping in the house (notice that's when I jump on here to write! )...I could not have asked for a better weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment